If you were injured on someone else’s property, you may be able to claim compensation for your injuries if it is deemed that the property was not reasonably safe.

MacLean Personal Injury has extensive experience as Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers. Our team handles these claims in Dawson Creek, Fort St John, Kelowna, Vernon, Vancouver, Surrey, Richmond, and throughout British Columbia. We have offices throughout the province and can also meet with you at your home or in the hospital if you are unable or too injured to come to us.

We take cases on a contingency basis: you pay nothing up front and if no money is recovered, we do not receive a fee. There is absolutely no reason for you not to call us now at 604 576 5400.

If I slip and fall or am otherwise injured on somebody else’s property, what should I do?

Get medical help first! Then once your injuries have stabilized it is important to make notes of what happened while it is still fresh in your memory. We recommend that you gather the following information:

  • Name and contact information of anyone who owns, maintains, or operates a business out of the property.
  • Name and contact information of anyone who witnessed your accident or injury.
  • Photographs of the property and the scene of the accident.

If you are unable to collect this kind of information we may be able to assist you after we have met to discuss your case and you have retained us as your lawyer.

When are property owners potentially liable for hazardous conditions?

Property owners are potentially liable for any hazardous condition that would reasonably place someone visiting or living at the property at risk of injury. Property owners must maintain their property in a safe condition. If a hazardous condition is discovered, the owner or caretaker of the property must immediately fix the problem and/or take reasonable steps to ensure that guests and/or residents will not be harmed until the hazard can reasonably be addressed. For example, if it is impossible for an owner to immediately fix a hazard, it might be reasonable to put up notices and/or to direct guests or residents away from the area until it can be fixed. However, a property owner or caretaker must not unreasonably delay in repairing the hazard, even if notices have been put up.

What if I am injured because of something that is entirely my fault?

If your injuries are entirely the result of something you did, and they have nothing to do with the condition of the property, you probably do not have a claim. However, we recommend that you consult with us first to determine whether or not a condition of the property contributed to your injuries.

Many of our clients are surprised to learn that an accident that they thought was entirely their own fault actually occurred, at least in part, because of a hazard on the property such as wet floors, rugs that are not properly secured, snow or ice that has not been removed, or other conditions that contributed to the accident.

Our experienced Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers will let you know if you have a legal right to collect money for pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, and other related costs.


To help resolve your claim, call our offices for the best personal injury and ICBC representation in Vancouver, Surrey, Richmond, Fort St. John and Kelowna. Call 604 602 9000 or submit your inquiry.