Fort St John ICBC motorcycle personal injury lawyer tips
MacLean Personal Injury, Fort St John ICBC motorcycle personal injury lawyer Spencer MacLean, handles serious and catastrophic motorcycle personal injury cases working closely with our serious ICBC personal injury department. With motorcycle season coming to the Fort St John, Dawson Creek and the North Peace, we thought we would once again warn avid motorcyclists to keep their heads up, to wear proper protective gear, to drive defensively and to watch out for careless drivers.
No one thinks it will happen to them but when you suffer an ICBC motorcycle personal injury you need an experienced ICBC personal injury lawyer that can deal with the skilled ICBC adjustors and lawyers who work only for ICBC and not for you.
ICBC Motorcycle Personal Injury Cases Are Often Serious
When you have an Fort St John ICBC motorcycle personal injury accident, common sense says you are more likely to be seriously injured than if you are driving or are a passenger in a car or truck.
Common risks and issues that Spencer MacLean of our Fort St John ICBC motorcycle personal injury lawyer team warns motorcyclists about include the following factors:
- Motorcycles are much smaller and lighter than cars, have only two wheels, and do not enclose the rider in a box of metal and motorcycles don’t have seatbelts or airbags. When you ride in the Fort St John and Dawson Creek area large commercial rigs, heavy machinery occupy the roads and one slip can lead to disaster for a motorcyclist.
- Motorcycle are less visible to cars.
- Road hazards that wouldn’t affect a car, like debris, uneven pavement, small objects, or wet pavement can cause a motorcycle to crash.
- Motorcycles are inherently less stable than a car so sideswipes or crashes often result in the rider being thrown into other vehicles or the road.
- Riding a motorcycle requires more skills than driving a car.
- Modern motorcycles such as sport and supersport bikes can encourage speeding, fast accelerating, rapid lane changes , lane straddling and other risky actions AND we urge you not to fall prey to foolhardy risks.
Most Motorcyclists Act Responsibly
Most injured motorcyclists we help are often well-trained and skilled drivers who were hit by a careless driver who didn’t see them and who clearly breached the rules of the road and as such were at fault based on their negligence. Our skilled Fort St John ICBC motorcycle personal injury lawyers will tenaciously pursue your rights to ensure you get every dollar to which you are entitled in a settlement or at trial.
Head On Crashes and Left Turn Accidents Are The Most Common
Crashes involving motorcycles and other vehicles account for more than half of motorcycle accident deaths. In the vast majority of these accidents the crash is head on often involving catastrophic injuries or worse. Spencer MacLean, as a seasoned Fort St John ICBC motorcycle personal injury lawyer knows the single most dangerous situation for motorcyclists occurs when cars are making left-hand turns and the motorcyclist is either going straight through an intersection, passing the car, or trying to overtake the car. Be particularly alert in these situations to avoid disaster.
Drive Safely But If You Are Hurt Let Us Help You Heal and Recover The Highest Settlement.
Call Spencer MacLean today at 1-877-602-9900 across BC to set up a free consultation to meet with us at our 4 offices in Fort St John, Kelowna, Surrey or Vancouver.